Friday 5 March 2010

ESOL, I know right?

Okay, so I work with Immigrants quite often nowadays. I know right? It's done through hampstead theatre, called ESOL it helps those that have english as a second language to develop confidence with speaking in front of people, writing, pronunciation, all that jazz. The whole thing is quite a laugh really.
A couple of weeks ago I was brought in to work with some level one students (bear in mind these students are nearly all middle-aged- bear in mind these people barely know english at all) and we created a script that was quite funny. for me anyway. and here i am, sharing it with you! enjoy.

Scene 7
The head teacher, teaching assistant, melissa and melissa's mother are in the head teachers office.

Head teacher: Thank you for coming, so what's going on?

Teaching assistant: I saw Melissa setting off the fire alarm

Melissa: No i didn't

TA: Yes i saw you

M: No, she doesn't like me.

TA: Melissa that's not the point at all- that i don't like you.

Mother: how dare you talk to my child like that.

HT: Everbyody calm down!

TA: Melissa I don't want to have any problems with you

M: Whatever (does whatever hand sign. you know it)

TA: You have to change your behaviour, I really want to get on with you.

HT: Melissa it's the first day of school. Don't make a lot of trouble like you did las year.

M: Oooh what? I make trouble? She took the key for the lunch boxes!

TA: WHY would i take the key?

M: Maybe you where hungry! I've had enough, I'm taking my chile home. We'll never be back.

mother and daughter exit.


HT: Don't worry about them. She's always like this. I'll talk to you later.

End scene.


yippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment