Wednesday 24 February 2010

see where I'm going with this?

Perform every night.
Before going on stage I look at my hands
They do not shake.
Many reign in what they wont give back,
a lot of help to get on the right track
I do not take.
To conform to conversations is the norm,
many wear a mask with a smile
Though I am not fake
The pressure can get too heavy for many
a burden, a load when family goes
I will not break
Will not slow down
I will not brake
i say this because i do this
For us.
In the hope that neither will you
and god forbid you do
I always have on me some glue and sticky paper
No matter what we'll get through, get better,
happier and back together
as those that took, shook or hid, live
in a false sense of security, foundations: sloppy
We will not quake
The bones wont break
our muscles wont ache
the sounds wont grate
no matter whats at stake.
and if they do, and they will
we will have learnt, how to feel
when you know what's not
you know what's real
you know what's what?
this talk. It's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment