Monday 11 January 2010

Crosshairs.



The fairy lights sparkle
boy checks his breath
and thanks god he gargled
wrestle with the pen,
odds of her with him were one to ten
teenage angst makes no sense
especially when you're twenty
and not the first time
you've been with a pretty lady
she, got a body that's unfair
not quite sure if he got the chance
on how he'd handle that derriere
he knows dragons lore
but is unprepared for an answer
to the question she is asking "for
how long will you be doing
what you've been trying to do
and if it doesn't work
will you be willing
to try something new?"
it was like there was a dagger in his pocket
but was hesitant to use it
slipping in his palm he began to feel useless
what's good a weapon
when you're stumbling over a question?
did i forget to mention
his truth often left him
conscience hovers over head like the jetsons
so jet son not with this one
I would love to say you know how i do
but if you did you'd do it too
and from the looks of things
it's evident that it isn't true
true enough truth will make you
want to scuff
don't act too tough before you're called on your bluff
walk in walk out or
you'll be left with a bigger hole than your big mouth
a gaping soul
broken hearts
from the start
he gave her answer that could have torn the night apart
"forever and no
because this is all i can do
but if i get far enough you can come too"
her lovin' lookin was liken to reese witherspoon
it could been she was saying
you complete me too
gave me a big old kiss like
roll the dice is all we ever do
constantly learn from the lesson
each time the effect is lessened
put the pen to the hand
then pen to the page
carry on till the next ice age
so when my soul leave my body
put these words on my coffin
sean mahoney never stopped for nobody
or nothin'
but before that time comes
let the fairy lights shine
dates over won her over
lets make for lost time
and we'll come to mine
real rhymes from a iron mind
put your ear to my soul
and feel your heart shine.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT HAPPENED TO NO MORE POEMS?! I AM SO CONFUSED I HAVEN'T EVEN READ IT. I AM JUST GONNA CAPS LOCK THIS MOTHER FUCKER 'TIL DEATH DO US PARRRRRRRR, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT - I WENT THERE! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BIG UP 2 DA MENZ HUSTLIN'

    & YOU KNOW THIIIIIIIIIIS - PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're insane.
    no sadness! this isn't sad. this is, a bit of a story. a bit of a rap-type-thing.
    I don't know what I'm doing dude.

    ReplyDelete